- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 pounds butternut squash (peeled, deseeded and chopped)
- 2 ounces hazelnuts
- 1 ounce parmesan
- 5 tablespoons heavy cream
- ground nutmeg (Freshly, according to taste)
- 1 pound cod fillets
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 shallot (peeled and cut into rings)
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Grease four 10 oz ramekins. Melt 2/3 of the butter in a saucepan and sauté the squash for 5 mins. Season with salt and black pepper. Add 1 cup of water and cook, stirring occasionally, for 15-20 mins, until soft.
- Place the hazelnuts, Parmesan and rest of the butter in a food processor and blend. Remove from the processor and set aside. Drain the squash and place in the food processor with the cream. Blend, then season with salt, black pepper and nutmeg.
- Sprinkle the cod with the curry powder and salt to taste. Heat the oil in a frying pan and fry the cod, for 2 minutes on each side. Remove from the pan and shred with a fork. Add the shallot to the pan and sauté for 1-2 mins. Spoon the cod and shallot into the ramekins and smooth out. Spread over the squash and sprinkle with the hazelnut mixture. Bake for 15 mins, until golden on top.