- 2 pounds beef chuck roast (trimmed and cut into 1 - 1 1/2 inch cubes)
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt (divided, to taste)
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 shallot (diced)
- 3 garlic cloves (minced)
- 32 ounces beef stock
- 1 cup Entwine Cabernet Sauvignon
- 2 teaspoons worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon italian seasoning (dried)
- 4 cups red potatoes (chopped, bite size pieces, about 1/2")
- 3 cups baby carrots (chopped, bite size pieces)
- fresh parsley (to garish, optional)
PER SERVING *
|Calories300Calories from Fat160|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat160|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Kyle B. 23 hours ago
add mushrooms would make again
Meg Page 9 Jan
I love this! I omitted the potatoes & added parsnips to make it low carb. Very easy to make & even better the next day
Sam M. 4 Nov 2017
Delish.. I added scan on tomatoes, bay leaf, used osso bucco and used choke k stock. simmered for 3hrs
Karla Romo 10 Oct 2017
Delish! Super easy to follow!
Robyn B. 15 Jun 2017
Excellent . yes I would make it again. I would not add anything else
ManCityFan 8 Feb 2017
Great recipe particularly on cold days it was warming and nutritious. I would define tell make this again.
Irene S. 28 Feb 2016
Wonderful rich flavor and tender beef. I also added shiitake mushrooms which complimented this soup well.
Helen .. 5 Nov 2015
Made it with Gallo Cab Sav ($2.95/bottle) for the wine.and for beef stock, used Emeril Lagasse's Basic Brown Stock http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/emeril-lagasse/basic-brown-stock-recipe.html. Decent results. Will experiment will different wines and stocks.