This is a lovely light but refreshing meal inspired with a Nordic feel. It is fresh and full of good flavours and for my usually diet even quite unusual. You can use any bread you like – baguette, toast or some more healthy option (I opted for an or…
anic sunflower seed bred – what is very tasty, filling and also stays fresh for longer in your cupboard). I used fresh prawns which I peeled (personally for me it is a treat to peel them it makes me feel happy and relaxed and also there is the added bonus of shrimps roe (caviar) what I absolutely find delicious. You can also make small servings if you are planning on having any quests or a party. You will need:
- shrimps (fresh or frozen peeled or unpeeled – any is perfect)
- dill (fresh or dried)
- boiled eggs (2 per person)
- 1 slice bread (per person)
- lettuce leaves (Fresh)
- olive oil (always good to add a quality olive oil for your health)
- butter (optional)
- cucumber (optional-great for extra taste and crunch)
- Start with set your eggs to boil. In a pot fill it with cold water, add a teaspoon of salt and your eggs and on higher heat leave it to boil. When it starts to boil just turn the heat off and leave it there for about 10 minutes to cook for a perfect moist egg. Now, peel your shrimps or leave them to de-freeze if frozen. Wash them lightly in cold water. When you peel your shrimps some of them can be females with eggs (roe – caviar)– do not be afraid it is just a lovely bonus of caviar. You can suck it out with your mouth or take it to add to your meal. It is a delicacy.
- Now in a small bow mix your mayonnaise, dill, lemon juice (not too much so it does not overpower the taste – 1 teaspoon for 2 people), olive oil and mix well. Taste it so it is to your liking and if you are not sure taste it with a little piece of bread or prawn for more accurate taste. Prepare your bread and give it a healthy coating of butter or your mayonnaise or both. Add your salad leaves. Peel and slice your eggs and add them on the top of the salad leaves. Put on some extra mayonnaise and if you have come prawn eggs (roe - caviar) for more taste and texture.
- Now dress your meal with your shrimps (as many you feel for or can afford) and top it off with thin slices of a lemon (you can cut of the lemon skin if wanted). You can sprinkle little dill for presentation and extra taste on the top. Enjoy.
|Calories690Calories from Fat490|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat490|
|% DAILY VALUE|