- 1 1/2 cups penne pasta (multi-grain, uncooked)
- 9 ounces fresh spinach leaves
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts (cut into bite-size pieces)
- 1 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 14 1/2 ounces spaghetti sauce
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 14 1/2 ounces diced tomatoes (drained)
- 2 ounces neufchatel cheese (1/4 of 8-oz. pkg., cubed)
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese (shredded 2% milk, divided)
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
PER SERVING *
|Calories470Calories from Fat120|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat120|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Lois A. 1 Jul
Tweaked recipe with low salt pasta sauce (32 oz) and no tomatoes. Sautéed chicken with fresh basil and garlic. Also used frozen spinach because I did not have fresh. Was delicious and I make it at least once a month.
J 22 Feb
Add mushroom and season my chicken with sage as well
Jan W. 13 Feb
Good! I did sauté the garlic with the chicken and added kosher salt to the pasta/chicken mixture. Thumbs up from my picky spouse!
Amy 8 Nov 2017
A really simple to follow recipe, quick to put together so minimal fuss. Packed full of flavour too.
Tara F. 7 Nov 2017
Easy tasty and everyone enjoyed it.
Moore 31 Oct 2017
Very tasty and easy to make.
Mark 25 Oct 2017
So delicious! Everyone in the family loves it!
JRaz 16 Oct 2017
Made this with some modifications due to what I had to hand so wasn’t calorie counting! I always sweat off some chopped onions and add to the mix as I like the taste in a pasta bake along with 3 or 4 fresh tomatoes. Used pecorino, gruyere and a bit of emmentalle along with one and a half balls of full fat Buffalo mozzarella. Added the spinach to the chicken and tomato mix with a couple of minutes to go on the pasta as that allowed enough time to wilt.
Kristen S. 20 Sep 2017
Yummmm Making this again
Fer Mendoza 6 Aug 2017
Good. I really liked the flavor. Easy to make and fulfilling!
Bob Y. 5 Jan 2017
My first review on anything. Had to do this one because it was so good. Thanks so much for the recipe. The only change I made was to add a little ground red pepper because I like spicy food. Even without the peppers this would be great. Simple and delicious. What more could you ask for??
Michele T. 29 Dec 2016
Delicious and Super easy to make. I left out the tomatoes, added extra sauce and added some mushrooms.
Alexandrina R. 17 Nov 2016
Delicious! My husband said this was one of the best dinners I've made! I subbed in cream cheese and added extra mozzarella