Healthy Quinoa Salad with Sesame-Crusted Salmon & Tahini DressingFOODISTA
- 1 cup quinoa (mixed, red and white)
- 3 spring onions (finely chopped)
- 1/2 red pepper (diced)
- 1/2 green pepper (diced)
- 1 carrot (peeled & grated)
- 1 handful mushrooms (I used bunashimeji from Japan)
- 3 coriander (roughly chopped)
- 1 handful fresh spinach leaves
- 1 handful edamame
- 1 cucumber (small, diced)
- 1/3 cup Greek yoghurt
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- 1 lemon
- salmon sashimi (slices)
- sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- vegetable oil
- Begin by boiling a pot of water for the quinoa. While the quinoa is cooking, you may go ahead and place all the herbs and vegetables in a mixing bowl. The mushrooms must be separately cooked in a frying pan and mixed into the salad bowl.
- Once the quinoa is cooked, set aside to cool. Prepare the tahini lemon dressing by mixing the yoghurt, tahini and lemon juice thoroughly in a small mixing bowl.
- Take the salmon sashimi slices and dip them into the soy sauce and brown sugar mixture. Then gently coat them in sesame seeds. (The soy/sugar mixture will caramelise and create a tasty compliment for the salmon). Heat up a frying pan with vegetable oil on high heat and carefully sear the salmon on both sides until the sesame seeds have achieved a lovely golden brown colour. This should take a few minutes depending on the thickness of the salmon.
- Add the cooled quinoa to the large mixing bowl with the vegetables and stir in the dressing little by little. Top with warm slices of sesame-crusted salmon.
|Calories320Calories from Fat110|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat110|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.