- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder (1/8 tsp if you don’t like it too spicy)
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/8 teaspoon coriander
- 1 can black beans (organic, – rinsed thoroughly and drained)
- 1 can pinto beans (organic, rinsed thoroughly and drained)
- 5 plum tomatoes (chopped and seeds removed)
- 1 teaspoon chili pepper (chopped, add more or like to your taste)
- 1/2 cup frozen corn
- 1/4 cup reduced fat Mexican cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro (for topping, optional)
PER SERVING *
|Calories350Calories from Fat120|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat120|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Laurie Mabery 16 days ago
Everyone loved it! I served over brown rice. Making it again tonight for a pot luck!
Caryn 8 May
Easy to make however I had to spice it up a bit for my family. Living in New Mexico it’s always fun to try new recipes with a Mexican twist
Noelia F. 16 Mar
It was great I did add my own ingredients but it came out great
Erin T. 11 Feb
I made the recipe exactly as it’s written and found it to be a bit bland but it definitely has potential to be really good. Next time I’ll try another reviewer’s suggestion of doubling the spices, which I think should do it.
Samantha Monroe 9 Jan
Love this next time I’m going to try with shredded chicken and simple tortilla chips nommy!
Pamela W. 22 Dec 2017
Great taste and easy make I sided it with coleslaw
Proulx 23 Oct 2017
My family loved it. Easy to make and delicious. We will make this again.
Scott Shoaf 3 Oct 2017
Quick and easy taste great, great weeknight meal
Steinberg Lupatkin 28 Aug 2017
Delicious. Doubled the seasoning. Added garlic and onion to turkey. And added garlic salt. Will definitely make again!
Christine B. 24 Aug 2017
I love this recipe! Added double flavoring sooooo good!
olga c. 25 Apr 2017
Loved this recipe! Very easy and the whole family enjoyed!
Brittany T. 23 Mar 2017
Really yummy! You do have to add additional servings of spices because the ground turkey needs extra flavor. I also added frito chips at the very end to give it some substance since it doesn't keep ya full very long.
Keana A. 16 Nov 2016
Yummly!! I've made it probably 6 times and my girlfriends in love. Definitely a favorite for us!!!! ❤️😝