I originally called this recipe matcha avocado "nuttang" tart but changed it. This pie is d-e-l-I-c-I-o-u-s! and eating it you wouldn't believe the flavor and how healthy it is! I had an avocado just sitting there and getting riper and riper each da…
so I thought why not create something yummy.... and voila! this beauty was created.
NUTRITION: (because of the density of this pie, I cut my pie into 18 slices which were the perfect size of satisfaction) per serve: CALORIES: 187 FAT: 12.2g CARBS:15.8g PROTEIN: 5.5g FIBER: 2g
- 1/4 cup honey (or agave/ RMS for vegan BASE)
- 1 cup almonds
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1/8 cup coconut oil
- 1 1/2 cups cashews (and macadamia mix, soaked for 15 minutes in boiling water)
- 2 avocados (ripe)
- 1 lemon
- matcha (FILLING Tablespoon of each:, Macca powders)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla (essences)
- 1/3 cup honey (or RMS)
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder (optional but does taste better)
- BASE: Step 1: In a food processor, blitz ALL of the BASE ingredients until well combined and crumbly. Step 2: Press the crumbly mixture firmly in a baking paper lined cake tin. Step 3: Place in freezer while making the filling.
- FILLING: Step 1: Drain the soaked cashews and put in a blender. Step 2: add ALL the rest of the FILLING ingredients Step 3 : Process until smooth and not lumpy. Step 4: Pour the filling over the base and place back in the freezer for at least 3 hours.
- Enjoy with fresh strawberries and a lime wedge! Nutrition in the recipe description.
|Calories280Calories from Fat170|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat170|
|% DAILY VALUE|