- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil (light)
- 1 yellow onion (medium, chopped)
- 4 inches celery (ribs, cut into quarter sections)
- 1 cup bell pepper (chopped, can be one color or assorted)
- 4 garlic cloves (crushed)
- 2 cups Minute Brown Rice (uncooked)
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 6 thyme sprigs (fresh)
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 14 1/2 ounces no-salt-added diced tomatoes (un-drained)
- 5 andouille turkey sausage (links, sliced into 1/2 rounds, fully cooked)
- 1/2 pound large shrimp (cooked, peeled and de-veined)
|Calories60Calories from Fat25|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat25|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Eric Straw 16 Jan 2018
Directions are pretty bad but still a good meal
Kaitlynn b. 2 Apr 2017
Some of theingredients were not in the instructions. Using my best judgement it turned out prettygood
Seona L. 5 Nov 2016
I didn't have a minute rice, so I boiled the rice Taste good!! I would make again, but I will prepare the rice earlier and cook the sausage earlier .
Jake J. 26 Jun 2016
It taster very good, but the instructions were very very very unclear... If I make this again I'll use a different recipe
Marshall E. 26 May 2016
It was amazing and it tasted so good. I will make it again for sure! The whole family loved this dish
Kristian S. 17 May 2016
No I wouldn't I would never make this dish again it takes too long, and that too many ingredients, and I don't like to be forced to provide comments
Brenda H. 17 May 2016
I changed up the recipe a bit by using chorizo and chicken instead of turkey sausage and shrimp the chorizo really gave it an extra smoky flavor.
Jo A. 8 May 2016
Yes, I would make it again. It was just yummy. I did not modify it in any way.. This is one of my favorites now. Thank you for this recipe.
Roy H. 18 Apr 2016
The kind of all-in-one-pot I like. A wealth of flavours going on in there and interpretations on this recipe are endless. A real success.
Leila Tea D. 26 Mar 2016
The directions were ok... but missing parts before. I'm a beginner cook and at the end it said to remove bay leaves and thyme, but I haven't even added them! I used cooked white rice because we had some ready. Everything turned out great and it tasted amazing!