Super easy, super healthy, and super delicious, these breakfast bites are ideal to make ahead for weekday mornings.
- 4 ounces baby spinach leaves
- 2 ounces mixed vegetables (like broccoli, peppers, asparagus)
- 1 scallions
- 400 grams liquid egg whites
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- Spray a 12-cavity muffin tin generously with nonstick cooking spray.
- Finely dice the scallion and set aside. Finely dice the vegetables and place in a large skillet.
- Set the skillet over medium high heat, and pour in 1/4 cup of water. Cook the vegetables, stirring frequently, until the water is completely evaporated and the vegetables are softened. Transfer to a large mixing bowl.
- Pour the liquid egg whites into the mixing bowl. Add the salt and black pepper. Fold with a rubber spatula to distribute the vegetables.
- Divide the mixture equally between the 12 cavities of the muffin pan.
- Transfer the pan to the middle rack of the preheated oven.
- Bake the egg muffins for 20-25 minutes, until they are lightly golden on top and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove the pan from the oven. Allow the muffins to cool for five minutes in the pan. To remove, run a sharp knife around the edge of each muffin and lift up at an angle.
- Plate and serve.