Super easy, super healthy, and super delicious, these breakfast bites are ideal to make ahead for weekday mornings.
- 1 cup baby spinach leaves
- 3/4 cup mixed vegetables (like broccoli, peppers, asparagus)
- 1 scallion
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 cups liquid egg whites
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spray a 12-cavity muffin tin generously with nonstick cooking spray.
- Finely chop the scallion and set aside. Finely dice the vegetables and place in a large skillet.
- Set the skillet over medium high heat, and pour in the water. Cook the vegetables, stirring frequently, until the water is completely evaporated and the vegetables are softened. Transfer to a large mixing bowl.
- Pour the liquid egg whites into the mixing bowl. Add the scallion, salt and black pepper. Fold with a rubber spatula to distribute the vegetables.
- Divide the mixture equally between the 12 cavities of the muffin pan.
- Bake the egg muffins for 20-25 minutes on the middle rack of oven, until they are golden brown on top and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Check to see that muffins are done. Remove from oven or add time as needed.
- Allow the muffins to cool for 5 minutes in the pan. To remove, run a sharp knife around the edge of each muffin and lift up at an angle.
- Plate and serve.