- 3 brocolli (crowns of fresh)
- 2 onions (large, diced)
- 2 cloves garlic (crushed)
- extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 broccoli (large crowns of, chopped)
- 16 ounces white kidney beans (can of)
- white pepper (to taste)
- kosher salt (to taste)
- 2 cups low sodium chicken broth (cartons, or 6 of homemade broth)
- 1 cup cheddar (grated)
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- In Dutch oven or pressure cooker, saute onions in extra virgin olive oil.
- Add 1/2 tsp. Kosher salt to onions.
- Add chopped broccoli, set aside 1 cup to add to soup later.
- Add 1 can of drained and washed, white kidney beans.
- Add 2 cloves of crushed garlic.
- Pour in 2 cartons of low sodium, chicken broth.
- Cook over medium heat. If using a pressure cooker, use the high pressure setting and time it for 10 minutes.
- When broccoli has softened, puree the soup mixture using a hand blender.
- Add 1 tbs. Dijon mustard.
- Add 1 cup of grated cheddar and stir.
- Microwave the remaining cup of diced broccoli until tender crisp and add in to soup for texture.
- Adjust salt and pepper to suit your taste.