Extraordinary and unusual, this dessert will appeal to even those with the most discerning pallet. Gain the attention and praise of all present when you break out the dessert. Fresh fruit, mixed with rich butter and sweet sugar and basil, all topped with vanilla ice cream. You’ll be the star of the evening.
- 170 grams butter
- 60 grams flour
- 160 grams powdered sugar
- 90 grams roasted hazelnuts (ground)
- 4 large egg whites
- 20 fresh basil leaves
- 1 kilogram apricots
- vanilla ice cream
- Preheat the oven to 170 degrees Celsius.
- In a small saucepan, melt the butter over low heat until there is a slight smell of hazelnuts and takes a little amber color.
- Pass through a small sieve, and set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix together flour, sugar and ground hazelnuts.
- In a separate bowl, beat the egg whites until stiff.
- Fold the egg withes into the flour mixture, then gradually add the melted butter, mix well. Chop the basil leaves, add them to the mixture.
- Pour the batter into a lined cupcake tin.
- Bake for about 20-30 minutes until golden brown.
- Cut the apricots in halves, place them on a baking plate.
- Put a drizzle of honey over the apricots, bake them for about 4 to 5 minutes at 170 C, then To serve, place a few apricots on a plate, add a scoop of vanilla ice cream and serve with the financiers.
|Calories500Calories from Fat230|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat230|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.