A delicious, juicy hamburger made with teriyaki sauce, brown sugar, and Swiss cheese!
- 4 hamburger patties (Lean)
- 4 hamburger buns (Bakery, with Sesame Seeds)
- 1 can pineapple slices
- 4 slices swiss cheese
- 1/2 cup teriyaki sauce
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- Mix teriyaki sauce and brown sugar together in a small bowl.
- Divide mixture into two bowls. Put hamburger patties into one bowl to marinate. Put the pineapple slices into the other bowl to marinate. Marinate for 30 minutes to overnight.
- Heat your barbecue grill and put the hamburger patties on to cook. Approximately halfway through the cooking time, begin brushing the leftover marinate over the burgers, turning frequently and adding more marinade each time until the burgers are completely cooked and the teriyaki sauce has caramelized.
- Top each hamburger patty with a slice of Swiss cheese. Remove the burgers from the grill just before the cheese has completely melted and place them on the buns.
- Put the pineapple slices on the grill and baste with marinate. Turn them over and do the same to the other side. When p ineapples are completely warmed through and covered with some of the caramelized teriyaki sauce remove them from the grill and put one or two on top of each burger.
- Serve with chips, salads and fresh fruits and vegetables. Enjoy!