- 7 pounds fresh leg of pork (boneless half, netted or tied)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic (crushed)
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup dark rum
- 2 tablespoons bitters (aromatic)
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano leaves, crushed
- 1/4 cup parsley (minced)
- 1/4 cup cilantro (minced)
- 2 tablespoons orange zest
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Place pork roast in shallow roasting pan. In medium bowl stir together garlic, lime juice, rum, bitters, cumin, salt, pepper and oregano; rub this mixture over all surfaces of pork. Roast for 2-2 1/2 hours, until internal temperature on a thermometer reads 145 degrees F. Remove roast from oven; let rest about 10 minutes.
- In small bowl toss together parsley, cilantro and zest and garnish roast, slice to serve.