- 1/2 pound bacon (cooked and crumbled, optional - may substitute ham, sausage, Canadian bacon or vegetables)
- 2 cups frozen hash browns (thawed)
- 1 red pepper (large, diced)
- 4 green onions (sliced thin)
- 6 mushrooms (large, sliced thin)
- 1 1/2 cups gruyere cheese (shredded)
- 12 eggs
- 1 cup milk (or half & half)
- 2 teaspoons hot sauce (Frank's, optional)
- 3 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- Spray eight 6-oz. ramekins with vegetable spray. Beat eggs in a large bowl. Add milk, hot sauce, salt and pepper, and whisk ingredients together until eggs are light and fluffy.
- To each ramekin add: 2 tablespoons hash browns, 2 tablespoons bacon, 1 tablespoon mushrooms, 1 teaspoon green onions and 1 tablespoon red peppers. Pour egg mixture over ingredients, distributing it evenly between the eight ramekins. Sprinkle 2 tablespoons gruyere cheese over egg mixture. Arrange ramekins on the Perforated Steamer Tray.
- Set the Smart Oven+ Attachment base pan with heating element and Steamer Water Basin Pan on the oven rack. Add 4 cups of cold water to Water Basin Pan and place Perforated Steamer Tray with ramekins in place. Cover with Lid and place in oven.
- On STEAM mode, steam the egg bake for 28 minutes until eggs are firm, yet moist, and the cheese is melted, but not browned. Remove from Steamer and serve immediately.