Harvest Loin with Currant SaucePork
- 3 pounds pork loin roast (boneless)
- 1 pound pork sausages
- 2 green apples (small tart, peeled and cubed 1/4-inch)
- 1/2 yellow onion (medium, chopped)
- 2 medium carrot (shredded)
- 1 turnips (small, shredded)
- 1 tablespoon rosemary (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup currant
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 cup dry red wine
- 1 tablespoon onions (minced)
- 1/2 cup currant jelly
- 4 cups beef broth
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Butterfly loin lengthwise; gently pound with meat mallet to a thickness of 1/4-inch. Combine sausage, apples, chopped yellow onion, carrots, turnip, 1 tablespoon rosemary and pepper well; spread the sausage mixture evenly over loin. Roll up loin; tie with butcher twine every 1/2-inch. Brown roast in a large skillet and then remove to shallow roasting pan and roast for 45 minutes to 1 hour (about 20 minutes per pound), until internal temperature on a thermometer reads 145 degrees F. Remove roast from oven; let rest about 10 minutes. Remove twine and slicing to serve.
- 2Serves 12.
- 3Rosemary Currant Sauce: Soak currants in orange juice; set aside. In saucepan, simmer wine and minced onion; reduce to 1/2 cup and add currant jelly. Add beef broth and simmer to reduce again by half. Dissolve cornstarch in water, stir into sauce and bring to a boil. Cook, stirring constantly, until slightly thickened. Stir in orange juice and currants and one tablespoon minced rosemary. Serve with sliced roast.
PER SERVING *
|Calories400Calories from Fat170|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat170|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.