- 1 teaspoon harissa
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 chicken breast
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1/2 onion (finely diced)
- 1/2 pound carrots (peeled and sliced)
- 5 tablespoons apple juice
- 1 pinch ground coriander
- 3 1/2 ounces bulgur wheat
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley (chopped)
- For chicken, mix harissa with 1/2 tsp oil then coat chicken. Heat remaining oil, add chicken and sear for 8-10 mins, until cooked through, turning occasionally. Remove, let rest then slice.
- For carrots, heat butter in a saucepan, add onion and sauté for 3-4 mins, stirring. Add carrots, apple juice and ground coriander. Season, cover and simmer for 8-10 mins.
- Meanwhile, cook bulgur in boiling, salted water for 10-12 mins, until just tender. Drain and mix with parsley. Season and serve with carrots and chicken.