- 2 tablespoons harissa
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 onion (diced)
- 1 3/4 pounds carrots (peeled and sliced)
- 3/4 cup apple juice
- 1 pinch ground coriander
- 3/4 cup bulgur wheat
- 6 tablespoons parsley (chopped)
- Mix the harissa and 1 tbsp oil together then use to coat the chicken.
- Heat the butter in a saucepan, add the onion and sauté for 3-4 mins, stirring. Add the carrots then pour in the apple juice and mix in the ground coriander. Season. Cover and leave to simmer for 8-10 mins.
- Cook the bulgur in boiling, salted water for 10-12 mins, until just tender. Meanwhile, heat 1 tbsp oil in a frying pan, add the chicken and fry for 8-10 mins, until cooked through. Turn occasionally.
- Drain the bulgur and mix in the parsley. Season. Spoon the bulgur onto a plate and add the carrots. Slice the chicken breast and place on top. Serve.