- 2 cups ham (cut into 1/2-inch cubes*)
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese (shredded)
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese (shredded)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup white onion (chopped)
- 2 cups broccoli florets (cut into 1-inch pieces)
- 16 ounces pie shells (deep-dish, thawed)
- black pepper (to taste)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, mix eggs, half and half, cheddar cheese, mozzarella cheese and kosher salt. Set aside.
- Heat olive oil and 1 tablespoon of butter in a sauté pan over medium heat. Add broccoli and onion. Cook over medium heat for five minutes, stirring occasinally.
- Add the diced ham and remaining 1 tablespoon of butter to the onion and broccoli mixture. Cook for about 3 more minutes.
- Spoon ham-vegetable mixture evenly in the 2 pie shells. Pour egg mixture evenly over ham-vegetable mixture. Lightly sprinkle tops of quiches with pepper.
- Bake in preheated oven for 35 minutes. Transfer quickes to cooling rack; let cool about 15 minutes before serving.