Savory and stuffed to the brim with your favorite meats, this yeast bread makes a great addition to the dinner table. Make just before dinner for a piping hot side or make ahead for a cold but equally delicious variation.
- 350 grams meat (to taste, ham, salami, sausage)
- 1 onions (small, diced)
- 3 garlic cloves (diced)
- 6 eggs
- 125 grams margarine
- 3 deciliters milk (warm)
- 20 grams bakers yeast (fresh)
- 480 grams all-purpose flour
- Cook the meat, onion, and garlic in a non-stick skillet until browned. The meat releases fat, so don't add any oil.
- Remove from heat, and cool down completely.
- Place 5 eggs and 1 egg yolk in a bowl.
- In another bowl, beat the egg white of the 6th egg to a stiff peak, with a pinch of salt.
- Soften the butter in the microwave, add the eggs, and stir with a spoon or whisk.
- Warm the milk, and dissolve the yeast in the milk with a fork.
- Add yeast mixture to the eggs and butter, and mix.
- Add the flour, mix.
- Finally, gently mix in the stiff egg white.
- Cover the dough, and let rest for 30 to 45 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Grease a square baking pan with margarine and flour.
- Place half the dough in the tray, and distribute the cooked meats over it, being careful not to add any sauce.
- Place the remaining dough on top of the meat, covering the tray completely.
- Bake for about 40 minutes.
- Check doneness, remove from oven, and cut into squares.
- Serve hot, warm, or cold.
PER SERVING *
|Calories1090Calories from Fat510|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat510|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.