This recipe will make you feel like you are in the heart of Barcelona as you bite into a savory, salty and flakey ham and cheese pastry. Sprinkled with mustard seeds, that contain health benefits which include pain relief and respiratory disorders. With only four ingredients and ready in 35 minutes, this quick and easy recipe will make a great snack and is even great for those moments on-the-go.
- 1 puff pastry (sheet)
- mustard seeds
- york ham (in slices)
- cheese (Cured, in slices)
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Place the puff pastry sheet on a table and stretch. Sprinkle mustard seeds on the pastry and cover with ham and cheese slices.
- Fold the pastry sheet by folding the left and right edges towards the center, resulting in a rectangle. The edges should meet at the middle.
- Sprinkle some more mustard on the folded pastry, cover with ham and cheese and fold the left and right edges towards the center again, resulting in a long strip.
- Using a very sharp knife, cut 1/2 centimeter thick slices. Place on a baking tray and bake for about 10 minutes until golden brown, being careful not to burn them.
- The palmeritas should be soft on the inside and crispy on the outside.