- 4 pounds pork loin
- 1 pound pork tenderloin (boneless)
- equilibrium brine
- tinted curing mix
- bay leaves (As needed)
- peppercorns (As needed)
- allspice berries (As needed)
- cinnamon (As needed)
- 2 pounds salt pork (diced)
- 2 heads red cabbage (shredded)
- 3 granny smith apples (diced)
- 3/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 3/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 red onion (minced or finely sliced)
- salt (To taste)
- pepper (To taste)
- 5 pounds potatoes (diced)
- 2 cups lard (rendered)
- 2 tablespoons horseradish (grated)
- 1/2 cup garlic (roasted)
- For the Pork: Tie pork loin and tenderloin together to make Porterhouse. Combine remaining ingredients and brine pork overnight. Cold-smoke for one hour at 90 F, finish on the grill over direct heat until 145 F.
- For Braised Red Cabbage: Render the salt pork in large pot until browned. Add remaining ingredients and cook down cabbage until desired consistency.
- For the Lard Potato Purée: Boil potatoes, drain and mash with remaining ingredients.
- To serve: Plate the Braised Red Cabbage and the Lard Potato Purée, then top with grilled Porterhouse chop.