- 4 ounces ham (cut into 1/4-inch dice)
- 3 cups peas (fresh or frozen)
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter (1/2 stick, cut into 4 to 6 pieces)
- 1/4 cup fresh mint (coarsely chopped plus sprigs for garnish)
- 2 tablespoons fresh tarragon (coarsely chopped, plus sprigs for garnish)
- Bring a medium saucepan of well-salted water to a boil over high heat. Add the peas and cook until tender, 3 to 8 minutes depending on the size of the peas.
- Drain the peas, reserving 2 tablespoons of the cooking water. Return the peas and cooking water to the saucepan. Add the ham, butter, mint, and tarragon, stirring until the butter melts. Season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer to a bowl, garnish with the mint and tarragon sprigs, and serve.