Ham and Parmesan Cheese SushiRecetas del Señor Señor
While sushi with ham and parmesan cheese may sound like a strange combination of flavors, once you give this recipe a try you will be hooked. The salty ham and cheese are perfectly accented by the rice and subtle sea flavor from the seaweed for a unique and delicious bite. This recipe is especially great for those in your family who do not like traditional raw fish sushi and is a great way to get kids to start eating sushi.
- 300 grams sushi rice
- 360 milliliters water
- 25 milliliters rice vinegar
- 15 grams sugar
- 10 grams salt
- 3 seaweed
- sesame seeds
- virginia ham
- parmesan cheese
- 1Wash the rice in order to loosen the starch and prevent it from clumping when it is cooked. Place in a bowl and stir using your hand.
- 2Change the water about 10 times until the water comes out clear, indicating that the rice is clean. The rice is now ready to be cooked.
- 3Place the rice in a saucepan with the water on high heat. Once it boils, lower the heat to medium low.
- 4Cover the saucepan and cook for about 8 minutes, it is important to keep the lid on at all times.
- 5Prepare the rice dressing by mixing the vinegar, sugar, and salt.
- 6Once the rice is cooked remove from the heat and let it rest for 10 more minutes, keeping the lid on. Place it on a tray to let it cool. Dress the rice by slowly pouring the vinegar mixture on it and mix with a spoon.
- 7Once the rice is ready, cover the seaweed with an even layer of rice and place the Parmesan cheese and pieces of ham in the middle.
- 8Roll up the sushi and cut into even pieces using the wet blade of a sharp knife.
PER SERVING *
|Calories320Calories from Fat25|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat25|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.