- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup shortening
- 3 tablespoons ice water
- 1 1/2 cups cooked ham (diced)
- 2 onions (mediums, thinly sliced)
- 1 garlic (minced)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup butter (or margarine)
- 3 baking potatoes (mediums, thinly sliced)
- 3 cups cheese (shredded Jarlesburg)
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup light cream
- Method:1. In a large bowl, combine flour and salt. Cut in shortening until mixture resembles coarse meal. Gradually add water. Blend with fork until mixture forms a ball and leaves the sides of the bowl. Roll out half of the pastry on a lightly floured board to fit a deep dish 9 inch pie plate. Cover and refrigerate. Wrap remaining pastry in plastic wrap. Refrigerate.
- 2. Saute the ham, onion, garlic, salt, and pepper in 2 tablespoons butter or margarine until tender. Cool to room temperature.
- 3. Saute potatoes in remaining 2 tablespoons butter or margarine until crisp and tender. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- 4. Layer half of the cheese, ham mixture, and potatoes into the prepared crust. Repeat. Blend eggs and cream, and pour two-thirds over potatoes.
- Roll out remaining pastry on a lightly floured board to cover pie. Brush rim of crust with the egg and cream mixture. Top with second half of pastry. Trim and pinch edges to seal. Flute. Brush thew top with remaining egg mixture, and trim with the pastry trimmings.
- 5. Bake at 350 degrees F ( 175 degrees C) for 45 minutes, or until pie is golden.
PER SERVING *
|Calories650Calories from Fat410|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat410|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.