Ham and Mushroom CroquettesRecetas del Señor Señor
These croquettes make for a delicious appetizer for any occasion. Porcini mushrom and ham work in perfect harmony as the main flavors in the recipe. The simple batter is made from a bechamel sauce that is refrigerated, this allows it to firm up before frying. Breadcrumbs coat the croquettes, ensuring they have a golden brown and crispy exterior that perfectly contrasts the delicate texture of the interior. Serve as is, or make a complementary dip to serve with them.
- 200 grams porcini
- 80 grams butter
- 80 grams flour (sifted)
- 750 milliliters milk (heated)
- 100 grams ham (Iberian, you can substitute pancetta)
- 1 eggs (beaten)
- bread crumbs
- vegetable oil (for frying)
- 1If you have purchased dried porcinis, the first step is to rehydrate them in either hot water or hot milk.
- 2Once hydrated, dice the porcinis finely and saute for a few minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- 3Make the bechamel sauce. In a saucepan, melt the butter. Sift in the flour and whisk. Whisk in hot milk little by little until there are no lumps and the mixture comes to a sauce-like consistency.
- 4Add the chopped ham and mushrooms to the sauce. Salt to taste.
- 5Pour the bechamel out onto a flat pan and refrigerate until cooled.
- 6Pinch off sections of the bechamel and form into croquette balls. Coat the croquettes in beaten egg and then bread crumbs.
- 7Fry the croquettes in plenty of hot oil until crispy.
PER SERVING *
|Calories480Calories from Fat270|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat270|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.