Smoky ham and dried fruit combine for a satisfying party spread. Make a day ahead to let flavors blend.
- 1 cup ham (diced)
- 2 tablespoons sweet onion (coarsely chopped)
- 3 ounces cream cheese (softened)
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 cup dried apple (chopped)
- 1/2 cup dried apricot (chopped)
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup walnuts (chopped)
- sliced bread (Cocktail)
- In food processor, chop ham until coarsely chopped. Add onion, cream cheese, sour cream, honey, nutmeg and allspice. Process with on-and-off pulses until mixed. Add dried fruits and walnuts. Process, pulsing, just until fruit is chopped. Press mixture into 2-cup bowl or mold. Cover and refrigerate 2-24 hours. Unmold, if desired, onto serving plate. Garnish with additional chopped walnuts and dried cranberries, if desired, and serve with cocktail bread or crackers.