Ham and Cream Cheese RollAs receitas lá de casa
The perfect bread to explore your creative side while ensuring maximum taste. This savory filled bread is a winner on flavor and lends the opportunity for flourish with additional dough to decorate the top. Get creative and start baking!
- 1 eggs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 150 grams cooking oil
- 200 grams milk
- 20 grams sugar
- 600 grams flour
- 20 grams yeast
- 200 grams ham
- 250 grams cream quark (substitutions: mix 2 parts ricotta with 1 part sour cream or use strained cottage cheese)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- oregano (to taste)
- 1For the dough, combine the egg, salt, cooking oil, milk, sugar, flour, and yeast in a mixing bowl and mix for about 1 minute on medium speed.
- 2Empty the dough out onto a floured surface.
- 3Remove a small portion of the dough to make decorations later.
- 4Roll the dough into a rectangle using a rolling pin.
- 5Evenly distribute the ham slices over the top of the pastry, then top it with cheese, drizzles of olive oil, and sprinkles of oregano.
- 6Roll the dough with the ham and cheese inside, and form it into a circle, layering the ends one over the other.
- 7Garnish with the extra dough that was set aside.
- 8Place the dough somewhere with very little airflow (I use the oven) and let it rise for about one hour until it is double its original size.
- 9Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- 10Bake the dough for about 40 minutes. Remove it from the oven and serve hot or cold.
PER SERVING *
|Calories1240Calories from Fat580|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat580|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.