- 2/3 cup oatmeal
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 3 eggs
- 2 1/4 cups unbleached flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon raw sugar
- 1/3 cup melted butter (cooled)
- 1 cup ham (cubed)
- 2/3 cup cheddar cheese (shredded)
- maple syrup
- Place oatmeal in blender. Pulse on speed 2 (chop) 5-6 times until oats resemble coarse meal.
- Add buttermilk, eggs, flour, baking powder, raw sugar and butter. Blend on speed 3 (mix) 1 minute. Pour waffle batter into large bowl and stir in ham and cheddar cheese.
- Preheat KitchenAid Pro-Line Waffle Maker. Pour in 1 cup batter, close top, start timer and rotate. Repeat.
- Check waffles for doneness when timer sounds, adding additional time if needed. Waffles should be golden brown. Remove waffles from both sides of maker and serve immediately with maple syrup.