- 1 ounce sliced ham (cooked, diced)
- 1 3/4 ounces hard cheese (such as Gruyère, diced)
- 3/4 ounce chopped hazelnuts
- 4 chicken breasts (about 4 oz each)
- 2 pounds potatoes (floury, peeled)
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 2 1/2 ounces sour cream
- 1 pound broccoli
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 pinch grated nutmeg
- parsley (or thyme to garnish)
- For the stuffing, mix the ham, cheese and chopped hazelnuts in a bowl. With a sharp knife, cut open the long side of each chicken breast to create a pocket, then spoon in the stuffing. Close the chicken breast around the stuffing, securing with toothpicks.
- Cook the potatoes in boiling salted water for 25 mins.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a frying pan and cook the chicken breasts for 10-15 mins, turning, until cooked through and browned on both sides. Season to taste, remove from pan and keep warm. For the sauce, deglaze the frying pan with chicken stock, then add the soured cream. Bring to a boil, simmer for 4-6 minutes and season to taste.
- Boil the broccoli in salted water for 8-10 mins, then drain. Meanwhile, heat the milk and the butter in a saucepan.
- Drain the potatoes, and pour over the hot milk and butter, mashing until smooth. Add the nutmeg and season to taste. Serve the chicken with the broccoli and mashed potatoes, topped with sauce. Garnish with fresh herbs.
|Calories600Calories from Fat260|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat260|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.