Ham and Cheese Mushroom SandwichesKooking
You do not have to spend a ton of money to have a five star dinner. Try this recipe for Ham and Cheese Mushroom Sandwiches . This rich and flavorful appetizer combines a hearty meal on a budget. Be sure to plan ahead, because these decadent hand held treats need to be refrigerated for at least an hour before serving. We hope you and your loved ones enjoy this dish as much as we do.
- 4 mushrooms (thistle, per person)
- 2 slices manchego cheese (tender)
- 2 slices ham
- extra-virgin olive oil
- 1Preheat oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- 2Remove mushrooms stems.
- 3Place a slice of manchego cheese and a slice of ham on a mushroom, and cover with another mushroom to form a sandwich.
- 4Place them in a baking dish, salt, and brush with a little olive oil.
- 5Bake for about 10 minutes.
- 7Alternatively, you can batter the mushrooms with flour, egg, and breadcrumbs and fry them in plenty of hot oil.