- 2 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 8 ounces ham steak (boneless, diced)
- 1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese (grated)
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Lightly grease and flour 12 regular muffin tins. In a large bowl stir together the flour, baking powder and salt; set aside. Whisk together the egg, buttermilk and oil in a small bowl. Stir in the ham and cheese. Using a rubber spatula, stir the egg mixture into the dry ingredients just until combined. Do not overmix.
- Spoon into each of the prepared muffin tins approximately 3/4 full. Bake until golden brown, about 20 minutes. Remove from muffin tin and let cool.