Ham and Cheese Bread Pot FonduePork
- 2 cups ham (diced)
- 1 loaf bread (round, firm, about 8-10 inches in diameter, about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese (shredded)
- 6 ounces cream cheese (softened)
- 1 1/2 cups sour cream
- 1/2 cup green onions (chopped)
- 3 ounces green chile (chopped, drained and chopped)
- 1 teaspoon worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon butter (melted)
- 1Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Slice off top of bread; reserve top. Hollow out inside with small paring knife, leaving 1/2-inch shell Cut removed bread into 1-inch cubes (there will be 3-4 cups); reserve for toasting. Combine Cheddar, cream cheese and sour cream in large bowl; stir in ham, green onion, chiles and Worcestershire. Spoon cheese filling into bread shell; replace top of bread. Tightly wrap loaf with several layers of heavy-duty aluminum foil; set on cookie sheet. Bake for 1 hour, 10 minutes until cheese filling is melted and heated through.
- 2Meanwhile, in large bowl toss together bread cubes, oil and melted butter. Arrange on cookie sheet; bake at 350 degrees F., turning occasionally, for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven and reserve to serve with fondue. Remove bread pot from oven; unwrap; transfer to platter. Remove top of bread. Stir filling before serving.
- 3Serve with toasted bread cubes and assorted vegetables as dippers for fondue.
PER SERVING *
|Calories480Calories from Fat270|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat270|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.