Ham and Cheddar SnailsOn dine chez Nanou
Sometimes you just need a decadent, rich, and creamy dish that will melt in your mouth. This recipe for Ham and Cheddar Snails is the perfect palate pleasing meal that the whole family will enjoy. This dish is packed with hearty ingredients like cream cheese, Gorgonzola cheese, cheddar cheese and sliced ham. Feel free to make extras and store them in the freezer for a quick meal on the go. Happy cooking!
- 15 grams fresh yeast
- milk (15 cl. warm)
- 250 grams flour
- 20 grams powdered sugar
- 5 grams salt
- 40 grams softened butter
- 200 grams cream cheese
- 100 grams sliced ham
- 50 grams cheddar cheese
- 50 grams gorgonzola
- 20 grams grapes
- 1In the food processor bowl, dissolve the yeast with the milk.
- 2Add flour, powdered sugar, salt, and butter.
- 3Knead for 7 to 8 minutes to obtain a smooth dough. Transfer to a lightly oiled bowl, cover and let rise for 40 minutes.
- 4Preheat oven to 400F.
- 5Prepare the filling by mixing the cream cheese, ham, cheddar cheese, Gorgonzola cheese, and grapes in a bowl.
- 6Put the dough on a floured surface, roll out into a rectangle (not too thin) and cut into 2 pieces to vary the toppings.
- 7Spread the cream cheese filling on the pieces of dough and then roll them up. Cut snails in 2/3 centimeter pieces and place them on a baking tray lined parchment paper and let rise for 30 minutes. Brush with a beaten egg to make them shiny.
- 8Bake for 15 minutes.
- 9Serve warm.
- 10Store any extras in the freezer.