If you have a surplus of winter vegetables and want to make a hearty and healthy dish that will combine all their robust flavors, then try this recipe for Ham and Cheddar Macaroni Clafouti. This recipe is perfect beside a hearty main dish or with any sandwich. The vegetable-packed dish needs to sit for a while before serving so the flavors can combine into a tantalizing taste that is out of this world.
- 20 grams butter
- 50 grams breadcrumbs
- olive oil
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 200 milliliters whole milk
- 300 milliliters whipping cream
- 10 grams cornstarch
- 6 slices ham
- 200 grams grated cheddar
- Preheat the oven to 350 F
- Butter a baking dish and sprinkle the bottom with breadcrumbs.
- Cook the macaroni until al dente and drizzle with olive oil so they do not stick together. Reserve.
- In a bowl, combine the eggs and egg yolks and beat. Add the milk, cream, and cornstarch. Season with salt and pepper and mix.
- Cover the bottom of the baking dish with pasta until 1/4 of the way up then cover with ham and grated cheddar. Repeat the process twice. Pour the egg and milk mixture over the pasta and sprinkle with grated cheddar.
- Bake for about 30 minutes.