- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 onion (diced)
- 2 carrots (diced)
- 2 stalks celery (diced)
- 2 cloves garlic (chopped)
- 1 teaspoon thyme (chopped)
- 6 cups broth (or chicken broth or chicken stock)
- 1 pound white beans (dried, such as navy, great northern, cannellini, picked over and soaked over night in water)
- 1 bone (or 2 ham hocks)
- 2 cups cooked ham (diced, omit if you are using ham hocks)
|Calories370Calories from Fat90|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat90|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Kip White 28 days ago
Wow! Was this good. Used the quick method instead of soaking the beans and they turned out fine. Also used the slow cooker option. I used a honey baked hambone and substituted a parsnip for one of the carrots. Coupled with some toasted garlic French bread, OMG what a meal! Will definitely make this again!
Debby Klar 26 Oct 2018
Delicious I would make it again used northern beans, carrots , onions and chicken stock.
Laurie H. 8 Apr 2018
Delicious! And so easy! I’ve tried a couple of similar recipes but this was a family favorite. I did add my own touch - chipotle seasoning
Enas M. 20 Mar 2018
Salty but tasty. Next time I would omit the additional salt.
Natalie G. 8 Jan 2018
I made it in the crock pot and blended it before I put the ham back in. It was delicious! Will definitely make it again for my family.
Jennie Madden 12 Oct 2017
Delicious Only I didn’t make it your way I made it my way I used a hambone that I had pre-boiled and use that broth from that and a can of mixed beans and a can of beef barley soup after I fried onions and garlic and carrots and I had no celery so used stewed tomatoes and a bit of my homemade salsa
Katie Panarella 27 Nov 2016
I made this using the slow cooker method and added the green beans and used canned cannellini beans. I also blended a little afterward to make the broth a little thicker. It turned out great and was super easy and tasty!