A fun Dr. Seuss twist on deviled eggs. Recipe courtesy of Mitzi Dulan.
- 1 cup fully-cooked boneless ham (very finely chopped)
- 10 eggs (hard-cooked, peeled*)
- 1 hass avocado (pitted, peeled, and cut up)
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise (light)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice (freshly squeezed)
- 1 pinch fine sea salt
- Cut eggs lengthwise in half. Carefully, scoop out the yolks; transfer yolks to a food processor or blender container.
- Add avocado, mayonnaise, and lemon juice. Cover and process or blend until smooth, stopping to scrap down side of container if necessary. Stir in ham and salt.
- Spoon avocado mixture into the egg-white halves. If desired, cover and chill in refrigerator for up to 3 hours.
- *To hard-cook eggs, place eggs in large saucepan. Cover with cold water to 1 inch above the eggs. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low or just below a simmer. Cook, covered, for 15 minutes. Run cold water over eggs or place in ice water until cool enough to handle. Gently tap eggs to crack the shells. Peel eggs under cold running water. Chill in the refrigerator before using.