- 4 slices ham (1/4-inch-thick slices, cut to fit an English muffin)
- 4 large eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 whole mild green chiles (canned, drained, split open and trimmed to fit an English muffin)
- 4 slices cheddar cheese
- 4 English muffins (split, toasted and lightly buttered)
- 1/2 cup cooked hash brown potatoes (warm)
- In a large nonstick skillet over medium heat, heat the ham until browned, about 2 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate, cover to keep warm and set aside.
- If necessary, wipe out the skillet. Return it to medium heat and coat with nonstick spray. One at a time, add the eggs and sprinkle with the salt and pepper. Cook until set on one side, 1 1/2 to 2 minutes. Carefully turn the eggs, then top with the chilies and cheese. Cover and cook until the eggs are set and cheese is melted, about 1 minute. Remove the pan from the heat.
- Arrange the bottoms of the English muffins on plates or a platter. Top with the hash browns, ham and eggs. Add the muffin tops and serve.