These ham steaks dressed up with a flavorful glaze on the grill make a quick and hearty weeknight meal, but are special enough for company. Serve with mashed sweet potatoes, green beans in a mustard vinaigrette dressing, and cornbread.
- 2 ham steak (fully-cooked bone-in, about 1/2-inch thick)
- 3 tablespoons flavored syrup (maple-)
- 2 tablespoons bourbon
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 cloves garlic (crushed)
- 1 teaspoon dijon (style mustard)
- Prepare medium-hot fire in grill. In small bowl stir together syrup, bourbon, soy sauce, garlic and mustard. Grill ham directly over fire for 5-8 minutes, turning and brushing with glaze during last couple minutes of cooking. Remove ham from grill and brush with any remaining glaze.