Dress up an easy-to-cook ham slice with this blueberry sauce. Serve with roasted potatoes and green beans.
- 1 slice ham steak (about 2 pounds, cut 1-inch thick)
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/3 cup apricot preserves
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons dry red wine
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 cup blueberries
- Trim fat from edge of ham slice, if necessary. Place ham slice on rack in a shallow baking pan. Bake at 350 degrees F. for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, for the sauce, in a small saucepan combine water and cornstarch; stir in apricot preserves, brown sugar, wine, and lemon juice. Cook and stir over medium-low heat for 5-6 minutes or until thickened and bubbly. Stir in blueberries; cook and stir 2-3 minutes more. To serve, spoon sauce atop ham.