Ham Sandwiches with Broccoli and CheeseMadeleine Cocina
Cheese makes everything better. It is decadent, creamy and altogether dreamy. These Ham Sandwiches with Broccoli and Cheese are perfect for a hearty weeknight dinner. They take 25 minutes to prepare and minutes to devour. Pair this savory sandwich with your favorite side dish and be whisked into a celebration of taste. We hope you and your loved ones enjoy this hearty and rich sandwich as much as we do.
- 1 broccoli (head)
- 5 slices ham (or turkey)
- 1/2 cup cheese (shredded)
- garlic powder
- onion powder
- ground black pepper
- vegetable oil
- 4 slices bread (preferably whole wheat.)
- 1Steam the broccoli in a small pot until it becomes soft. Drain and set aside.
- 2Finely chop the ham or turkey and broccoli and place them in a bowl. Add the cheese, and pinches of garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and black pepper.
- 3Heat up a grill, toaster oven, or grill pan on low-medium heat. Make sure to cover the grill with vegetable oil or cooking spray.
- 4Begin preparing the sandwiches by adding the ingredients on a slice of bread. Make sure to add a slice of cheese on top of the ingredients and place the second slice of bread on top.
- 5If you are using a stovetop grill, place something heavy on top of the sandwich to help it grill or toast better. You may use a somewhat heavy casserole dish or large bowl to press the sandwich down.
- 6Grill each side for 3 to 4 minutes. Make sure to flip the sandwiches to toast both sides.
- 7Once both sides are grilled, the sandwiches are ready to serve.