Croquettes are traditional dishes that are packed with flavor. This recipe for Ham Croquettes with Cashews and Emmental Cheese is salty, hearty, and bursting with decadence. It takes 40 minutes to prepare and only minutes to devour. Ingredients include butter, flour, corn starch, milk, prosciutto or ham, grated Emmental cheese, coarsely chopped cashew nuts, salt, nutmeg, eggs, flour, and bread crumbs to taste. Everyone will love this delightful dish.
- 150 grams butter
- 150 grams flour
- 30 grams cornstarch
- 800 grams milk
- 200 grams prosciutto (or ham)
- 150 grams cheese (grated Emmental)
- 80 grams cashews (coarsely chopped, optional)
- nutmeg (to taste)
- 2 eggs
- bread crumbs (to taste)
- olive oil (or vegetable oil)
- Place the ham in Thermomix cup, program to speed 5. Remove and set aside.
- Do the same to the cashews, and then to the cheese.
- Remove and set aside.
- Then place butter in a clean cup, and program to 3 minutes, speed 3, at 100 degrees Celsius.
- Add the flour, time for 1 minute, speed 3, at 100 C.
- Add cornstarch, milk, season with salt and nutmeg to taste, and set at 8 minutes, speed 4,at 100 C.
- Add prosciutto, chopped cashews (optional), and the cheese that was set aside. Program for 3 minutes, speed 3, at 100 C.
- Pour in a bowl and set aside in the refrigerator, for a few hours. (Can be prepared the day before).
- Shape the croquettes with floured hands, then cover with beaten egg, and finally roll in breadcrumbs.
- Fry in an abundance of hot olive oil.
|Calories1050Calories from Fat620|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat620|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.