- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 yellow onion (medium, diced small)
- 4 carrots (medium, peeled and diced small)
- 2 stalks celery (diced small)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups cooked ham (diced small)
- 1 pound green split peas (rinsed)
- 8 cups chicken stock (recipe or vegetable stock, recipe)
- 1 bay leaf (dried)
|Calories490Calories from Fat100|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat100|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Monica Sommer 20 Mar 2018
it was pretty good. maybe a tiny bit bland.
Liz D. 19 Mar 2018
This is the only recipe I use now tastes just like my mom used to make Excellent!
Liz K. 27 Nov 2017
Great! Perfect meal for a cozy rainy day
Andy D. 10 Oct 2017
This soup came out great! Just like I grew up with. I actually did mine in the crockpot and it came out excellent. Tossed everything in the crockpot except the cooked ham. Cooked it for eight hours and through the ham in about 45 minutes before the end. Definitely will make again.
Julie Darley 26 Sep 2017
Loved it! Easy and delicious!
Erin R. 31 Mar 2016
I made this for my husband and he thought it was great. I did add the ham bone, fresh thyme, fresh rosemary, and Cajun seasoning.
Pantelis K. 27 Dec 2015
Followed the recipe with the following exceptions... Cooked with a gorgeous ham hock. When serving, I added a couple dashes of hot sauce and a splash of white vinegar. Those additions make a world of difference. The recipe as is, is three stars. With my additions, five stars.