No need to spend time making individual omelettes for everyone at the breakfast table when you can bake all the ingredients together in a simple and delicious casserole!
- 1 scallions
- 8 ounces ham
- 1/2 red bell pepper
- 1/2 green bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 12 eggs
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard powder (ground)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 ounces shredded swiss cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- Spray a 9x13” casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Mince the scallion and set a side. Dice the ham into 1/4” pieces and set aside. Finely dice the bell peppers.
- Set a large skillet over medium-high heat and add the olive oil. Once shimmering, add the diced peppers. Cook for 7-8 minutes, stirring occasionally with a rubber spatula, until the peppers are softened. Remove from the heat.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, scallion, milk, mustard powder, salt, and black pepper. Add the peppers, ham, and shredded cheeses. Fold with a rubber spatula until the ham, peppers, and cheeses are evenly distributed.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared casserole dish.
- Transfer the dish to the middle rack of the preheated oven.
- Bake the casserole for 40-45 minutes, until it is golden brown on top and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove the pan from the oven. Allow the casserole to cool for at least ten minutes before serving.
- Cut the casserole into squares, or simply transfer to a plate with a large spoon. Serve.
PER SERVING *
|Calories600Calories from Fat380|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat380|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.