There's nothing spooky about these festive Halloween cupcakes, which incorporate cocoa and coconut into the batter, respectively, for depth and texture. Crowned with green, peppermint syrup-infused cream cheese frosting and orange-hued candies, they strike the right chord color-wise. Alhough the recipe calls for piping on frosting using the star attachment, you can simply spread frosting atop the cupcakes if you don't have a pastry bag on hand.
- 150 grams cake flour
- 130 grams granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon coconut (grated)
- 7 grams baking powder
- 70 grams butter (room temperature)
- 80 milliliters vegetable oil
- 80 milliliters milk
- 1 egg
- 250 grams cream cheese
- 100 grams powdered sugar
- peppermint syrup
- green food coloring
- orange (flavored balls for decoration)
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- In a stand mixer bowl, add the flour, granulated sugar, cocoa powder, coconut, baking powder, butter, oil, milk, egg, and a pinch of salt. Mix until well blended.
- Fill each cupcake cup 3/4 full and bake for up to 25 minutes.
- Remove from oven and leave to cool on a cooling rack.
- In a bowl, add the cheese, powdered sugar, syrup and food colouring and mix well.
- Using a piping bag with the "star" tube, decorate the tops of each cake and sprinkle with orange balls.
|Calories310Calories from Fat170|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat170|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.