- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 egg
- 2/3 cup brown sugar (packed)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup milk
- 1 banana (large, mashed)
- 1 2/3 cups powdered sugar
- 1 egg white
- 1 2/3 pounds fondant icing
- yellow food color (Red and)
- 2/3 cup raspberry jelly
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a 12-cup muffin pan with paper liners. Mix the flour, baking powder, baking soda and cocoa powder in a large bowl. In a separate bowl, beat the egg then add the brown sugar, vanilla extract, milk and banana; mix well. Add to the flour mixture and stir until just combined. Divide among muffin cups, filling each 2/3 full.
- Bake 20-25 mins, until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean. Cool in pan 5 mins. Remove from pan; cool completely on wire rack.
- Mix the powdered sugar and egg white to form a smooth paste. Spoon about 1/4 into a piping bag for decorating later. Spread remaining onto the cupcakes and allow to dry.
- For the fingers and skin, tint about 3/4 of the fondant with the red and yellow food color to create a natural skin tone. Use 1/2 to form 6 oblong finger shapes. Create a lighter skin tone by mixing some of this fondant with a small amount of icing from the piping bag and use to create fingernails. Use the white fondant to create bones. Use water to stick everything together. Use some diluted red food color to add detail to the fingers with a paint brush.
- With the remaining skin colored fondant, roll out and use as skin on top of some of the cupcakes. Decorate with raspberry jelly as blood and pipe stitching where necessary.
|Calories250Calories from Fat10|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat10|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.