These spirited cookies are formed in an unusal way: The thin dough is spread into rounds on the baking sheet with the back of a spoon, and baked just until lightly golden around the edges. They are crisp and airy and just right for decorating, here with powdered sugar that's mixed with egg white and then tinted with a few drops of food coloring (you can use red or any color you like).
- 120 grams softened butter
- 520 grams powdered sugar
- 1 whole egg
- 2 egg whites
- 150 grams flour
- red food coloring
- Preheat the oven to 160 degrees Celsius.
- In a bowl, cream the softened butter with 400 grams of powdered sugar.
- Add the whole egg and mix well, then the egg white.
- Add the flour, sifting it directly onto the wet ingredients. Mix well.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and use a teaspoon to place approximately 1/2 spoonful of batter on the baking sheet. Use the spoon to spread the batter into a circle approximately 1/2-centimeter thick.
- Bake for approximately 10 minutes or until the edges should be lightly golden brown.
- Cool the cookies before removing them from the baking sheet gently.
- Dilute the remaining powdered sugar with the remaining egg white and a few drops of red food coloring until the icing is thick.
- Ice the cookies and decorate to your liking.
|Calories880Calories from Fat230|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat230|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.