Fish curry makes a fast weeknight dinner for the whole family, and even those who may not normally like fish will find the flavor more than appealing, thanks to the curry powder and its fragrant spices. Hake is a mild tasting fish that works well in this dish, but you can use other firm white fleshed fish including haddock or pollack instead. Be sure to cover when cooking to allow a sauce to develop form the pan juices.
- olive oil
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 lemon (small, juice)
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 4 hake medallions
- ground white pepper
- Heat a drizzle of olive oil in a frying pan and add chopped garlic.
- Sauté briefly and add curry, stirring a little.
- Immediately add lemon juice and parsley.
- Add hake and season with salt and pepper.
- Cover and cook over medium heat for about 20-30 minutes.