Hake in SauceRecetas del Señor Señor
Fish is a quick-cooking option for busy weeknight meals, but also special enough to prepare for guests. Take this recipe, for example: It takes just over half an hour to prepare, start to finish, and involves basic cooking methods. The aromatic sauce is thickened with just a bit of flour and uses a flavorful stock as a shortcut; leave it as is for a casual supper or puree until smooth for a dinner party.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 leeks (diced)
- 1 onions (peeled and diced)
- 1 garlic cloves (peeled and minced)
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 500 milliliters fish stock
- 4 merluza (or cod loins)
- 8 large shrimp (peeled and deveined)
- ground black pepper
- 1Add the oil to a skillet on medium heat. Saute the leek, onion, and garlic for 5 minutes.
- 2Add the flour and cook for 2 minutes.
- 3Add the stock and cook for 10 minutes.
- 4Blend the sauce with an immersion blender to make it smooth, or leave it as is for more texture.
- 5Season the fish and shrimp with salt and black pepper and add them to the sauce.
- 6Cook for 3 minutes, turn the fish and shrimp and cook for 3 minutes. Remove from the stove and serve the fish with the sauce..