Hake and Sweet Potato Gratin in Coconut MilkReceitas Da Felicidade!
Enjoy all the creaminess of a delicious potato gratin with this low calorie recipe featuring fresh hake and sweet potatoes. Featuring red peppers and fresh garlic, this delicious fish and sweet potato gratin casserole is made with coconut milk as a low calorie alternative to cream. Cooked in a white wine ginger sauce, the hake is flaky and tender. Combined with the sweet potatoes and covered in cheese, the gratin casserole is then baked until golden brown and melty. Yum!
- merluza (medallions, or slices)
- ground black pepper
- 1 lemon juice
- sweet potatoes
- 2 eggs
- 1 red pepper
- 1 onions
- 2 garlic cloves
- olive oil (to taste)
- parsley (chopped, to taste)
- 1 deciliter white wine
- ground ginger (to taste)
- 200 milliliters coconut milk
- mozzarella cheese (grated)
- 1Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- 2Season the fish with salt, pepper, and lemon juice. Set aside.
- 3Cook the sweet potatoes in a saucepan with water. When the water begins to boil, add the two eggs.
- 4Cut the peppers in thin strips, remove the seeds and the inner white part. Finely chop the onion and garlic. Cut the hake into thick squares.
- 5Heat a skillet with olive oil, add onion and garlic.
- 6When the onion is translucent and soft, add the hake, and the white wine. Sprinkle with ground ginger, to taste.
- 7Stir well, and let cook a little bit more.
- 8When the fish is white, remove from heat, and add the parsley.
- 9In an ovenproof platter, add the boiled and sliced sweet potatoes, and the cooked fish.
- 10Drizzle with coconut milk, and sprinkle with grated mozzarella.
- 11Bake to gratin for about 25 minutes.