Enjoy all the creaminess of a delicious potato gratin with this low calorie recipe featuring fresh hake and sweet potatoes. Featuring red peppers and fresh garlic, this delicious fish and sweet potato gratin casserole is made with coconut milk as a low calorie alternative to cream. Cooked in a white wine ginger sauce, the hake is flaky and tender. Combined with the sweet potatoes and covered in cheese, the gratin casserole is then baked until golden brown and melty. Yum!
- hake (medallions, or slices)
- ground black pepper
- 1 lemon juice
- sweet potatoes
- 2 eggs
- 1 red pepper
- 1 onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- olive oil (to taste)
- parsley (chopped, to taste)
- 1 deciliter white wine
- ginger powder (to taste)
- 200 milliliters coconut milk
- mozzarella cheese (grated)
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Season the fish with salt, pepper, and lemon juice. Set aside.
- Cook the sweet potatoes in a saucepan with water. When the water begins to boil, add the two eggs.
- Cut the peppers in thin strips, remove the seeds and the inner white part. Finely chop the onion and garlic. Cut the hake into thick squares.
- Heat a skillet with olive oil, add onion and garlic.
- When the onion is translucent and soft, add the hake, and the white wine. Sprinkle with ground ginger, to taste.
- Stir well, and let cook a little bit more.
- When the fish is white, remove from heat, and add the parsley.
- In an ovenproof platter, add the boiled and sliced sweet potatoes, and the cooked fish.
- Drizzle with coconut milk, and sprinkle with grated mozzarella.
- Bake to gratin for about 25 minutes.