Once in a while you will find a recipe that stands the test of time for decadence and pure bliss. This recipe for Hake and Prawn Balls With Green Sauce is one to keep on hand for any holiday, special occasion or celebration. With the richness and delicious taste, this recipe is full of flavor. it is a little bit of heaven in each bite. The hardest part of this delicious recipe, is deciding who will get to enjoy the other corners with you. Make a batch this weekend.
- 400 grams boneless hake
- 100 grams peeled prawns
- 3 crab sticks
- 1 eggs
- bread crumbs
- sunflower oil
- broth (from boiled hake bones)
- 1 onions (medium)
- 2 garlic cloves
- dry white wine (splash of)
- 1 bunch parsley
- extra-virgin olive oil
- For the hake balls, finely chop hake, prawns and crab and place in a bowl.
- Add egg and chopped parsley. Season and mix well.
- Add breadcrumbs, if needed. Shape fish mixture into balls and dredge in flour.
- Heat plenty of sunflower oil in a deep, heavy skillet.
- Tip: Do not use excess oil or fish may scorch.
- For the green sauce, slice onions.
- Heat olive oil in a pan and sauté onions until almost translucent, then add minced garlic.
- Cook briefly and deglaze pan with a generous splash of dry white wine.
- Let alcohol evaporate a little and add fish stock.
- Bring to a boil and let boil for a few minutes.
- Season with salt to taste.
- Continue to cook for about ten minutes.
- To serve, garnish with chopped parsley.